Friday, January 11, 2008

Poetry Friday -- Found Poem

A poem is a group of words, arranged just so, that moves our hearts, right? Here is a poem, then, that I found in an email this week:

Sophie,
sitting at the table with us,
said "Mary Lee gave me Today I Will Fly."
(Phil looked at me with shock.)
Yes, I replied, she certainly did.

We went on to list
the other books
you have sent to her
and decided
you were really good to send
such great books to read.

So lest you think you are an unknown quantity
(horrors!)
or just mommy's friend,
I can assure you otherwise.



Round up this week is at The Book Mine Set.

7 comments:

  1. Now if only all the email we receive could be that lovely. This really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you--I'm going to try this with an email myself soon. You've inspired me, and I love found poems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that. Very sweet. I have a friend whose blog I visit regularly just to read his found poetry, though he doesn't think of it as that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an honor: to be known as "not just Mommy's friend." That's really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet and wonderful. Have your friend email me right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to be told this in an email/poem! Treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.