Wednesday, December 03, 2008

THE FOGGY FOGGY FOREST by Nick Sharatt


Another great book for young readers is THE FOGGY, FOGGY FOREST by Nick Sharratt. I picked this book up last week and was immediately amazed at the illustrations. They are done with a semi-see-through type of velum. The book starts out completely in black and white and kids can predict the things they see in the shadows (or fog). The first page asks, "What can this be in the foggy, foggy forest?" When children turn the page, they find a colorful illustration of the object they first saw in the shadows. A simple sentence accompanies the colorful illustration. I loved this book because of the unique illustrations. I can also see that it is inviting for young readers because of the repeated question on every other page and the picture supports for the remaining text. There are also some familiar characters lurking in the foggy, foggy forest that make it even more fun. I am anxious to share this one with my students this week.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the pre schoolers would like it in THE PIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to get this one! We live in the woods. I mean trees are all you see out our windows, and I've always told my kids that foggy days are the prettiest to me here. The trees look black and everything else is softened by the fog. I think Santa is going to have to bring this book to us!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.