Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I Don't Want a Posh Dog by Emma Dodd

I am a fan of Emma Dodd. I think her books, especially DOG'S COLORFUL DAY, are adorable. But I DON'T WANT A POSH DOG! has a different look and I didn't even realize it was one of Dodd's when I decided that I needed it.

Dog books in classrooms and in the library are quite popular. It seems that there are always a few kids shopping for dogs. Or dreaming of a new puppy. In this book, a little girl is thinking about what kind of dog she wants. But instead of telling us what she wants, she tells us all of the things that she doesn't want in a dog (posh, bouncy, growly, etc.). Each page highlights a colorful illustration of a dog to go along with the words. The text has a rhyme and rhythm to it which will make it a great read aloud.

This book is pure fun! The end pages are filled with dog biscuits and every dog is quite lovable (even the snooty, attitudey dog!). Kids will love the concept as well as the humor. So excited to add this one to the library:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.