Monday, February 18, 2013

Like Bug Juice on a Burger


Like Bug Juice on a Burger
by Julie Sternberg
illustrated by Matthew Cordell
Abrams, on shelves April 2013

This sweet little novel in verse is the sequel to Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie.

In this book, the main character, Eleanor, is going to go to summer sleep-over camp. Her grandmother gives it to her as a gift, remembering that Eleanor's mother loved it when she was Eleanor's age.

Eleanor does NOT like camp -- the food is bad, she's the only one who can't swim, and she misses her parents and New York City.

Luckily, she makes a new friend. Joplin is VERY tall and VERY different from Eleanor, but she winds up making ALL the difference to Eleanor.




3 comments:

  1. What a title! It sounds like a fun book. I look forward to seeing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie to my third graders last year and it's picked up quite often this year from the classroom library. I want to add this new one to our basket. I know some kids who will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books like this - where characters learn from each other, and, through them, learn about themselves. And I love characters named Eleanor, like this one, because she reminds me of another Eleanor (Roosevelt, that is), also tall and kind and wise.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.