Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Mosaic



This month I'll tell stories by request. Want to know the story behind one (or more) of these photos? Identify the photo by row or column and position and then be sure to subscribe to the comments so you can see my reply. We'll be traveling today, so I'll get back to you later tonight.


Almost every month, inquiring minds want to know: How do I make my mosaics?
First, I take thirty or more (and sometimes less) pictures every month.
Next, I make a set on Flickr. (This month's set is here, and there are a couple of bonus photos from last night at the Birdseye Diner that didn't fit in the mosaic.)
Then, I go to Big Huge Labs and use their Mosaic Maker with the link to my Flickr photoset.
Finally, I download, save, insert, comment, and publish!

5 comments:

  1. I love the images of the hatching of the butterflies. How exciting! Thanks for the cat and squirrel photo and matching poem you sent for the poetry swap. I love how you framed it so I can put it up in my classroom. There I need to be reminded to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about the bottom row, next to last pic. Anytime I see trees & water I'm interested. I love your mosaics. Hope to figure out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know more about the first picture in the third row. I have a hunch but I want to know if I am right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramona -- Black River in Vermont. Fly fishing trip. I didn't catch any fish there, but I saw a river otter up close and personal and I ate a couple of wild blueberries!

    I'm hoping for some pictures of all the fish I catch today in the August mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, that's me and mom! We accidentally dressed as twins on the day she and our friend Rae drove me back to Denver to the airport.

    Check my SOL from last week for a sewing story from my trip home.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.