Tuesday, April 14, 2015

PO-EMotion -- Desire




THE WHOLE SPECTRUM, PLEASE

tulip petal
monarch wing
forsythia's shock
first leaves in spring

prairie sky
shadows on snow
thunderhead's tower
dogwood, crow


©Mary Lee Hahn, 2015






Carol, at Carol's Corner, will join me again this year as often as possible.

Kimberley, at iWrite in Maine, is joining me this month. 
Kay, at A Journey Through the Pages, is joining, too!
"Ode to Morning Mocha"

Steve, at inside the dog, is sharing his poems 
in the comments at Poetrepository.


Heidi, at my juicy little universe, will join us when she can.

Linda, at TeacherDance, will join as often as she can.
Check the comments at A Year of Reading or Poetrepository for her poems.

Kevin (Kevin's Meandering Mind) is back this year,
leaving poetry trax in the comments.

Carol, at Beyond Literacy Link, is writing alongside us when she can.
Hers is the desire to write!

Jone, at DeoWriter, is doing a "double L" challenge. 
She and I are cross-poLLinating our challenges whenever possible.



10 comments:

  1. Is it redundant to say that every single day you take my breath away with your gorgeous words! This is beautiful. The title (again)! The images, each one tiny and perfect. And then the way the words fit together and feel in my mouth. Absolutely lovely. I want to memorize this one and carry it in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself in awe of what you do with so few words. I love what Carol said. Maybe we should just let Carol comment first on all of our poems and then write ditto underneath. :)

    ReplyDelete

  3. "Longing"

    Living with
    unfulfilled desire
    is like stepping on
    a shard of glass
    at first it protrudes
    and pains regularly
    if you pick at it
    try to remove it
    with fingernails or tweezers
    it hurts worse

    soon you learn
    you can avoid the pain
    if you do not step
    in certain ways
    eventually
    a callous grows
    and you become accustomed
    to the hard bump
    on the bottom of your foot

    every once in a while
    you step wrong
    and a stab of pain
    shoots heart ward
    but most of the time
    the desire is just there
    causing that constant throb
    of endurable
    discomfort

    (c) Carol Wilcox, 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting way of using the word desire, Carol-I enjoyed this poem.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! So few words to evoke such strong images of spring. I want them all! This morning I wrote Ode to Morning Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly like this one, Mary Lee. I love that crow is the last word-- it makes the end (bc of meter) unexpected and actually leaves the desire active. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who needs haiku or other "minimalist" forms, when you can spin a corny rainbow poem into something both achingly terse and gorgeously rich? The joke is on us, folks--Mary Lee's poem is cunningly designed to fill us with sharp desire to write something so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hear hear! This is a stunner. It calls to mind another poem I love - Edna St. Vincent Millay's "Calling Out Rhyme." Just beautiful, ML. Thank you for this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Lee, your poem and photo are a wonderful match and the language is as bright and visual as the image. Wonderful poem highlighting desire. My offering is at http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2015/04/slicing-poem.html.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the rhythm of this one is so rich and deep! And yes please--I'll take one of each!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.