Saturday, December 02, 2017

Poetry Friday -- Call for Roundup Hosts


It's that time again. Six months have passed since last we queued up to host the Poetry Friday roundups.

If you'd like to host a roundup between January and June 2018, leave your choice(s) of date(s) in the comments. I'll update regularly to make it easier to see which dates have been claimed.

What is the Poetry Friday roundup? A gathering of links to posts featuring original or shared poems, or reviews of poetry books. A carnival of poetry posts. Here is an explanation that Rene LaTulippe shared on her blog, No Water River, and here is an article Susan Thomsen wrote for the Poetry Foundation.

Who can do the Poetry Friday roundup? Anyone who is willing to gather the links in some way, shape or form (Mr. Linky, "old school" in the comments-->annotated in the post, or ???) on the Friday of your choice. If you are new to the Poetry Friday community, jump right in, but perhaps choose a date later on so that we can spend some time getting to know each other.

How do you do a Poetry Friday roundup? If you're not sure, stick around for a couple of weeks and watch...and learn! One thing we're finding out is that folks who schedule their posts, or who live in a different time zone than you, appreciate it when the roundup post goes live sometime on Thursday.

How do I get the code for the PF Roundup Schedule for the sidebar of my blog? You can grab the list from the sidebar here at A Year of Reading, or I'd be happy to send it to you if you leave me your email address. You can always find the schedule on the Kidlitosphere Central webpage.

Why would I do a Poetry Friday Roundup? Community, community, community. It's like hosting a poetry party on your blog!

And now for the where and when:

January
5    Catherine at Reading to the Core
12  Jan at Bookseedstudio
26  Carol at Beyond LiteracyLink

February
2    Donna at Mainely Write
9    Sally at SallyMurphy.com.au
16  Jone at Check it Out

March
2    Renee at No Water River
9    Michelle at Today's Little Ditty
16  Linda at TeacherDance

April
6    Amy at The Poem Farm
27  Irene at Live Your Poem

May
4    Linda at Write Time
11  Jama at Jama's Alphabet Soup
18  Rebecca at Sloth Reads
25  Margaret at Reflections on the Teche

June
1    Buffy at Buffy's Blog
8    Kiesha at Whispers from the Ridge
15  Karen at Karen Edmisten*
22  Michelle at Michelle Kogan
29  Carol at Carol's Corner


26 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 AM

    I can host on January 5th. Thank you for doing this, Mary Lee!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Mary Lee! I'll take Friday the 13th in April. :0) --Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have February 23? Thanks, Mary Lee! This is such a gift to the community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like May 25th or June 1st. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mary Lee. I'd like March 16th, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can host on June 1. Thanks, Mary Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. February 16 if available, please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about April 20th for me? Thanks, as always, Mary Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appreciations for herding us cats :) Mary Lee!

    If still unclaimed my I host on January 12?

    ReplyDelete
  10. May 11? Thanks for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary Lee - I'll take April 27, please. Thanks, as ever. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Mary Lee, I can do June 15th, if it's still available. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. May I have March 9 or 23, please? Thanks, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. May I have June 22nd or 29th. Also please fill me in on the best way to post the Roundup on my wordpress blog. Thanks for all Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have plenty of time to study the way other Wordpressers host the roundup! I don't think it's tricky at all.

      Delete
  15. May I host on June 8th? Thank you, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll do June 29th. Or a different date if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! May I please have April 6 if it is still open? xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for all the organizing, Mary Lee. I'd like to take January 19,please, if it's still available.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mary Lee, I've never done the roundup, but I'll give it a shot. May I have May 4, if it is still available? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll do Feb 9 or March 2 if one of them is still free. Time I figured out how to host!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mary Lee! It's been ages since I hosted and I'm looking forward to it. I'll take March 2! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll take March 23 or January 26! Thanks, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mary Lee, I will take January 26th. Thank you for the opportunity to host.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Could I take May 18th? Thank you for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.